You know that moment, the one where you suddenly become like a passenger in your own body, watching in horror and relief as you move to find your tweezers, walk towards the mirror, or grab the magnifying mirror?
That is the moment before the pick. It is when the line has been crossed. It is the point of no return.
However, there is an action we can take in this very moment, to strengthen our resolve, and take back control of our vessel. Even if we have indeed crossed that point of no return, the moment does not have to be lost. We may have lost this battle, but we are preparing ourselves for the war, and when we decide to take a stand and make that decision, we will be ready!
Important points in the video:
- Developing the awareness in the moment before the pick, why it is important and how we can use it.
- What happens in the moment before we pick, what are the thoughts that we are not aware of.
- The difference between not wanting to transition from one moment to the next versus an accumulation.
- How picking is an attempt to support ourselves, and how to use that fact to instead support ourselves for real.
- How to break through the disassociation and denial in this moment.
- How and why to develop a voice in the moment before the pick, and distinguishing between the ‘voice of the disorder’ and the voice of awareness.
- How to spot and define the energy that triggers the picking session.
- How to create a voice of unprejudiced objectivity.
- How to define the picking session, creating an end point, and not falling into the self-sabotage of self-limiting beliefs.
- Revisiting the 3 tools learned in this video.